The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

a couple questions

I did a little searching but couldn't confirm a few questions, since I am picking up a new shell.

First question; I'm deleting p/s i know i need the 1.8 rack with brackets,can i just pull the rear rack and lines and be done or do is there more involved? I plan to eventually do a 4 bolt swap but i figure why not get it out of the way since the exhaust and driveshaft are out of the way.

Second question; anyone have a pic of the 1g prop valve with the lines hooked up for delete so i know which line goes where all the lines are disconnected.

Last question; all the 1g mounts will work except front correct, thinking about ordering some avids and a tq solutions for the front.

thanks in advance you guys have been really helpful.

LIV4PSI

1) Yes you can just cap the rear lines.

2) The lines are really easy to see where the go, they basically line up. I can take some pics if you can't figure it out. Super easy though.

3) Just buy the Avid mounts, they are all the same. Its the front bracket that is different on the GVR4, not the mount itself. I have a full set of Avid mounts on my VR4.

by removing the entire system including rear rack, couldn't i just remove the lines entirely? my question more so was can i just pull the rack out and continue to use the the 3 bolt? sorry i have yet to crawl under one of these and see how its all linked together, just trying to get prepared.

LIV4PSI

Yes you can remove the rear rack and still use the 3 bolt. I would assume you would have to drop the subframe though, as the rack is on top. I would consider keeping it there, it helps with the active rear toe.

tektic

My exhaust and drive shaft took 10 min tops to remove. Removing the rear took hours with jacks, and plywood and bricks, oh my. I did it without help though. If i had someone holding it, it would have gone a lot quicker. I swapped in a whole TEL rear sub frame that I rebuilt. I didn't have aws to start though.

I have the engine out of my non abs ggsx I'll update with prop valve pic

You can try This: Depower rack
I was thinking about it until I realized how hard it would be to drink coffee or use my cell phone or parallel park without power steering.

All the sub frame bushings are the same drive shaft bushings are the same front and rear suspension bushings are the same, On my GGSX at least. Only things different as far as I know are spring rates and shock lengths.

LIV4PSI

My car has manual steering. It isn't nearly as bad I as worried it might be. You shouldn't be talking and driving anyways /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I have always avoided parallel parking, so no comment there.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts