The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What's a good quality balance shaft elimination kit

Vr4junkie

I'm looking for a BSEK thats good quality and reasonably priced I seen them from $28-199

What brand would you guys use?

gvr4ever

You don't really need a kit. Has the front bearing spun? Is the engine out of the car?

Vr4junkie

The engine is out and I belive the bearings are good for the balance shafts engine was taken out because it burned the main bearing and crank.

turbowop

I would use the Mitsu brand. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

It's all factory OE parts. Flip the front BS bearing 180 degrees to block off the oil hole, then use a factory balance shaft plug for the front shaft and a factory stubby for the rear.

Vr4junkie

Do they sell a kit or do I have to go to the dealer buy it part by part?

Vr4junkie

Really thought there was more to it by any chance do you have the part numbers I'm ganna try to look it up after I get out of work.

GSX_TC

Or just buy the complete OEM kit from JNZ Tuning click

Ask for Paul and tell him Mike Valencia sent you (215) 997-6850

Last edited:

Vr4junkie

Ok so if my bearings are good I can reuse them right and just get these parts?
MD092785 - Balance shaft cap
MD098626 - Balance shaft stub

Last edited:

turbowop

Yes. Just make sure you turn the front balance shaft bearing 180 degrees to block off the oil feed. And after you install the cap into the front case, I suggest you slather some JB weld over that bitch. A lot of guys have had that thing pop out and create a HUGE oil leak.

Last edited:

Vr4junkie

Will do on the JB Weld im ganna have to check out the How to section. Alot better this way save my self like 30 bucks.

Galantvr4559

AMS sells a balance shaft delete kit but it is pricey. They turn down the weights on a oe balance shaft to make the balance shaft spin with out causing affects to the motor. The reason why they do this is because under high hp applications the bse from mitsu the stub shaft can tweak and crack the front case so in turn using the ams bse kit just makes it so this cant happen because the whole balance shaft is utilized not just a little stub shaft. unless you are planning on 700hp plus just go with bse kit. Street Tuned Motorsports .com sells oe bse kits.

Vr4junkie

@OMFGeofffff Thanks for the link thats deffently ganna help out later on.
@Galantvr4559 Yea I doubt ill ever see that kind of power ever.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned