The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

wiring harness pins flat. Replacement cost (P&L)?

EfiniX

Lucas over at English Racing just called me regarding my DSMLink installation. Seems as though my wiring harness pins are a bit flat. So far only two, but I'm on notice that if he runs into a few more, he'll want to either

A. Have a local guy rebuild the plug if he's available

B. Buy a new harness and install

I trust the diagnosis, so that's not why I'm here. If I do have to replace the harness (which... fuuuuu... I know is a huge PITA), I wouldn't mind knowing in advance what that would run. I haven't gotten a quote and I"m not trying to position myself for a back-and-forth with English Racing. I'm just trying to get a sense of what my out-of-pocket would be in this holiday season so I don't pass out if (fingers SUPER crossed) / when they tell me.

Thanks.

quato

you could always go to the junkyard and get the plug/pins there. it's really not hard at all to repin plugs even if you have to solder in new wires

raptorWagon

For a GVR4 specific engine harness or a 1G DSM Harness, they will run $75-$100. GVR4 engine harnesses are slightly longer than DSMs.

Talk to Paul (thedsmguy) he's located across the river from you and might have a harness in his stock pile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts