The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

please help me with my clutch problem

Hey guys awhile back my car made a loud pop under acceleration immediately the clutch starting sliping and you could hear a grinding noise on takeoff so I came to the conclusion my clutch disk might have broke since, it was stock clutch with 200000 miles on it. So I got a act 2600 clutch Kit installed it got my flywheel resurfaced with step height of 610 but the problem is clutch still slips on easy takeoff in first and second and clutch engages right off the floor could my problem be the slave or master cylinder I need to get this figured out as this is my daily driver and I can't drive it around with clutch slipping how it is and don't want to tear up my new clutch thanks for any help guys

G

Staff member

I looked over that none of those explain my problem on what could be wrong when I took my old clutch disk out it want broke like I thought but the car acts the same as it did it skips in low gears not higher gears and it doesn't make a nose like it did with old clutch on takeoff but still slipping do u think it could be my slave our master cylinder are bad that's the only things I haven't changed beside peddle assembly things for the help

rdomeck

Sentences and paragraphs......Oh and proof read before posting!

My bad I'm on my phone. I just can't figure this problem out why it keeps slipping in low gears?

GSX_TC

When you find out what it was, let us know because I would like to know myself.

Ok I sure will.I'm just running at of thoughts of what it could be I'm lost if anyone else has any ideas please let me Knorr what I could check this problem is driving me crazy

My peddle also engages right off the floor Idk if that has anything to do with it.I have tried adjusting the peddle with no luck still only slips on takeoff not in high gears.

MellowVR4

do you have an extended slave rod??

MellowVR4

Also, do you have normal clutch pressure like if you would on a aftermarket clutch and pressure plate??

EMX5636

Pedal adjustment might be required. But I'm wondering if you didn't pop out or break an axle. When the center viscous slips, it feels like a clutch slipping. The grinding on take-off could be the splines catching a bit. Check all your axles, make sure each one spins the opposite side wheel, and are flush with the transmission and rear diff.

Yes my peddle is stiffer than it was with the stock clutch.my rod is extended all the way out to end of the nut.also I know my front ales are ok cause when I changed the clutch I had to pull them out and looked then over but I have not checked the back axles I will check them later today.could that have been the loud pop I heard and made it slip before I changed the clutch but would that only slip on first gear and not in higher gears?

MellowVR4

i meant the slave rod on the slave cylinder. That pushes the fork.

Oh no I don't believe so it was the oem slave cylinder that came on car from factory

MellowVR4

OK, Im not sure if would make a huge difference but its something to think about. check if anything is leaking, like slave or master, have someone push the clutch and see what the rod does.

MellowVR4

also what did the clutch look like when you took it off. did it look mbeat up ,where the splines and rivets where intack.

Yeah it was intact just beat up with done scratch looking marks on it and the pp on the end of all the fingers looked like it had been rubbing on something I will be changing the master cylinder and slave cylinder tomorrow evening I just hope that takes care of the clutch problem Idk if that will take care of it shipping only in low gears and like he said might havbroke axle since it did make a loud bang and it immediately started slipping once that happened

MellowVR4

yea, if not you might of broke something internally.

If the axles check out ok what could be causing this cause car has new clutch Kit and will have new master and slave cylinder.what should I check next do u suggest anything

MellowVR4

Im trying to ask my tranny guy to see what he says.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts