The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How much did you pay for your JDM bumpers?

MellowVR4

Just wondering how much other people pay for these beautiful bumpers. Let me know please thnx

James

I (hopefully) have a member on here holding a set for me for $1000. That's front/back/fogs

JNR

^^^That's a good price for both, provided they are in good shape and would especially be a good deal if it has the brackets.

From what I've seen, it looks to be ~$800 for a front bumper and the rear being less; this includes the brackets and assuming not cracked, etc.

MellowVR4

that is a lot of dough for just bumpers, but they look so much better, either this or shorten the usdm bumpers.

citymunky

I paid $400 shipped for my rear( but I learned it doesn't have the rear support and I paid and sold the front with fogs for $500.

jnava

Staff member
Just paid $715 shipped for the front with fogs. James,is that 1k just for the two bumpers and fogs and shipping or just the parts alone.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

My hood was 6 something shipped, my front bumper and fogs and brackets were 5 something shipped. And my rear bumper should of been 4 something shipped but I asked them to send it NOT folded up so it was a bit more.

MellowVR4

Sounds like it dont get any cheaper lol
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

James

That's 1k picked up. And already in my color /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

GSX_TC

Still beats the price of AMG bumpers haha, those things are just ridiculously expensive.

MellowVR4

they look really cool, but id rather just do the jdm bumpers. OEM usdm bumpers make it look like a grandma car lol

turbowop

Quoting MellowVR4:

It could be worse. Prices for other cars are crazy. We don't have it too bad.

Tre3zy

Quoting GSX_TC:
Still beats the price of AMG bumpers haha, those things are just ridiculously expensive.

f*** yea they are... and thats if you can find one forsale... those are unicorn parts man...

MellowVR4

Quoting turbowop:
Quoting MellowVR4:

It could be worse. Prices for other cars are crazy. We don't have it too bad.

i suppose your right.

JNR

Quoting MellowVR4:
that is a lot of dough for just bumpers, but they look so much better, either this or shorten the usdm bumpers.

I like the look of the USDM bumper, just not how far it sticks out...BUT, I have yet to see anybody shorten it the correct way, by keeping the front 'lip' intact (in front of the wheel, or back side of the bumper vertical end), or else it looks unfinished and crappy/hacked IMO...the only real way to do this is to cut out a section and re-splice (or take the lip part off and re-splice) and use a plastic welder (or techniques used to bond piping together), but most people either don't have the skills, equipment or wouldn't bother with this step. This could prove to be tricky, but doable...I also think that without that stiffening part there, it would eventually start warping and further looking like ass. Perhaps many people wouldn't notice, nor care, but that would bother me too much and not going to do that on mine...

So, a JDM bumper would be something I wouldn't mind getting someday if I could get it in the ~$500 range. Just hope my FMIC fits, as it's pretty large, although does sit back a fair amount. Whether I ever get around to this or not, who knows.

Last edited:

EMX5636

I'm considering trying this JNR. I have a buddy who scored me a clean white front bumper, so I'll probably try and use my slightly dinged up one as a test dummy. I would like to retain the rear flap and be able to bolt it to the inner fender. I'll probably use some sort of SMC adhesive to re-attach it. I know a couple people that do a lot of Corvette bodywork, and I've used the stuff to bond panels on my Fiero and the sh*t sticks. Don't expect pics anytime soon though!

JNR

That would be cool and if you do it, please keep us posted (I know it won't be awhile though).

fuel

mine came attached to the car :p

MellowVR4

lucky you

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts