The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Galant Newbie needing advice

Hi there, Im from the Philippines and I recently bought a 92 Mitsubishi Galant, however its not the VR4 series (they are not available here) its the GTI version which comes in a 1800cc displacement engine.

I bought this classic piece because I was planning in restoring it.

Could you give me some info whether or not my GTI has the same components as its VR4 counterpart? and where should I first start in my restoration process.

By the way, the car runs properly though it is currently drinking fuel like there's no tomorrow plus a lot of black smoke comes out from the tail pipe when I revved it up too much.

Thank you in advance.

More power to this site. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

holeshotmoe

Here's a LINK showing the Phillipine GTi with a 2.0 engine. Looks like more than one engine could be had in the PI GTI. You can compare specs with the VR4 using theses other links:
Ryan's Info Compilation
Another source
JDM Brochure
And here is a linkoid posted by a guy from your homeland with pictures and further info. Just dig through this site and you'll likely find all the info one would ever need.
Now, post some pictures of your car.

kama1

Welcome to the org.
There are no 1800 gtis in the ph.all of them are 2.0.
Sad to say some guys here pass off their 1800 super saloons and mpi as gtis to unsuspecting buyers.
A lot of parts from the vr4 will interchange with the gti.

Thank you all for the replies.

I will post some pictures when the I start the restoration process.

I'm also trying to find the US tail light version so I can shippped it here in PH and have it installed.

misterfixit

Mabuhay :0

Welcome to the .org

Lets see some pics please!

Rich

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned