The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

which brand better?

Kitti

now am will order the new the valve lifter from rockAuto parts,they have DNJ and Sealed Power.
who are best?
and how about the pistons and ring from them?
i need any information for choose any part to overhaul the engine. mine approx. 220 K km.

best regards
KT

Street Surgeon

Of the two I would choose sealed power.

EMX5636

I will almost always pick O.E. Mitsu for engine parts. Topline Lifters are good, I don't trust their front (oil pump) covers. Sealed Power is a big name brand, but I've never used it in a 4G63.

EHmotorsports

If you are going non forged for pistions I would use NPR pistons and rings. Yellow box not the china made ones.

mitsuturbo

I rebuilt at least 6 or 7 engines with parts from DNJ, aka Rock Products (NOT the same as rockauto.com, their address is rockprod.com). Neither I or any of my "customers" ever had one of their parts fail, until i used one of their oil pumps on my own car. Their Pistons are good. Bearings are good. Lifters are good. Gaskets were okay, but not as nice as OEM, of course. Seals were good. Everything seemed to meet standards, and for about half the cost (or less) i'd have paid anyone else.

Kitti

thank you for any information. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif
in thailand OEM lifter is $50/pice.
how about used parts for japan?
used cylinder head from VR4 or RVR here selling around $187.50 for least mileage.
if they can separate the lifter to sales.
how can i check the good one? use hard pin push inside hold and what the feeling for good parts?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned