The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New owner and first DSM 713/1000

Hello everyone just got my hands on a super clean 92 kingston grey gvr4. And also i might add my first DSM.
looking forward to seeing what the future may hikd for me and a dsm....

There going to rip on you for saying its a Dsm. But welcome also some pics would be nice.

brisvr4

Welcome, so did you buy a DSM as well as the VR4?

feil8409

Make sure to get your teminalogy right MMC or they will crucify you, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gifwelcome aboard.

DR1665

No worries, Cameron. Welcome aboard. You're going to love this car.

We give everyone a little sh*t for calling these things DSMs. Simply put, they're not. All DSMs were made in the US, while the GVR4s were made in Japan. Technically, the DSMs run VR4 running gear, since the GVR4 came out in 1987 or 1988. But most importantly, while there are hundreds of thousands of DSMs out there - on the track, on the street, on the scrap heap - but there are maybe less than 1,500 GVR4s left in all of North America. Sure, it's nice that we can benefit from the DSM aftermarket, but do you want to drive a $1500, 4-door DSM - or do you want to drive a $5,000 limited edition specialty vehicle? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

PS: You might want to revisit your profile settings. It looks like you might have your email address in the location field or something. We can all see it.

Again, welcome to the org. This is one of the best places for 4G63 tech.

LIV4PSI

Quoting spooling92vr4:
welcome be sure to send the vin to iceman... (do we still do that)

Yes, the registry is alive and still being updated.

Welcome aboard. And although its not technically a DSM, its still a 20 year old pile of Mitsu headaches /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Quoting DR1665:

Again, welcome to the org. This is one of the best places for 4G63 tech.

I agree on this^^^ this site is very active and a lot of info here.

PolskiVR4

I owned this car from 04-09. My first car, it was great.

4wheelsqueal

And then i bought it from Polskivr4. I had it for a few years, got it running and mobile again and sold it to a friend in oconomowoc, jrschultz (i think thats whats his screen name is on here). Put a lot of time and work into that car! Good luck with her!

4G63_GSR

where are you located? saw this on sale here then on CL which i'm sure that's where you picked it up from.

I did not buy it off cl. Bought from a close friend for an awesome deal! Thanks a lot for the unknown insight on the car. I think I'm falling in love with this car.

transparentdsm

Quoting LIV4PSI:
Quoting spooling92vr4:
welcome be sure to send the vin to iceman... (do we still do that)

Yes, the registry is alive and still being updated.

Welcome aboard. And although its not technically a DSM, its still a 20 year old pile of Mitsu headaches /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

could not put it better myself.. haha

5OF2k

Welcome to the site! Stay up on your maintenance, never let anything mechanical go un fixed, stay up on your flyid levels and cleanliness and you'll get a good car out of this experience. Most of all, ENJOY!!

jrschultz

I just saw this thread. I must have sold this car to your friend. I bought it off 4wheelsqueal last fall. Your buddy must not have owned it that long. I sold the car just a few months ago. 4wheelsqueal did a ton of work to this car. I am not mechanically inclined enough to own a turbo Mitsubishi. I hope you enjoy it! You will have a ton of fun this winter once the snow flies. I assure you of that.

That would be correct. Im already having a little fun with the car. It now has a 20g, evo7 maf, and a tune coming soon

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned