The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

90 talon awd idle issues

Need some help guys My car idles real low when the a/c is on does not stall but almost it is acting strange all around even when its off there is a strange delay almost like there is no fuel then its ok til about 4k rpm then if i hold it there i get a slight miss ..... where is the idle controll sensor for this car so i can fix it ... also I wonder if its my fuel pump

well i guess there is no help for me .. probley start with all the normal tips I always get check for boost leaks .. bad vacume lines ect.....

ktmrider

Not no help per se, silence usually = you'll find it with a search.

This was just covered last month BTW, hint = ECU.

So now the qs is if its my ecu or ics or what ever will the ecu from my 90 fwd car work in my 90 awd car?

hello guys I do need help with this and im a noob with the 90 i understand there are alor of diff. from other car years please help me is it my ecu ... the idle sits at 500 when the ac is on and runs like hell .. when the ac is off it does run better but at top end around 4k it does seem to have a miss ????? searches do me no help with all the acranyms forgive my spelling as well thank you

James

How should we know if it's your ECU or not?

Did you post pics of your ECU for us to check out? Have you tested a known good ECU? Have you tested the ISC with a multimeter ?

what is an isc .. prev reply i got states issue was already cover and to do all these searches .. also there are alot of diff with the 90 talon .. i can test with my ecu from my 90 laser but its fwd not awd like my talon sory for being so dumb

James

I don't believe fwd/awd makes a difference (someone correct me of I'm wrong)

The ISC is your idle speed controller, it plugs into the bottom half of your throttle body. Vfaq.com and look up how to test it.

Last edited:

this is all that i needed thank you all so much ill repost if i get it fixed thanks again

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned