The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

abs

hello again people i have another problem that i need help with and any suggestions will be helpfull than none, so here we go.
i have a 92 e84a galant 6a12tt abs problem. I turned my car off one day and i noticed there was a buzzing coming from under the hood so upon further inspection i found that the hydraulic unit for abs was still working (buzzing) with the key turned of and the only way to stop it was to pull the battery lead. i search around and got some suggestions that there are 2 relays right on top or by the unit that could be faulty so i replaced one of them(only had 1 relay at the time), put the battery terminals back on and the unit continued to buzz so i gave it a little tap with my finger and it stopped buzzing so i thought i had fixed it however the abs light has lit up in dash and wont go away.
The car failed its warrant of fitness test due to the abs light being on (among other things) so i took it to an auto electrician to do a diagnostic scan for the abs and they said there was a fault with the wiring as there was no power being supplied to the connector piece that he plugged the tool scanner into? He also said that the car had an srs fault telling me the car should of had airbags ?(Did this model come with airbags ?) i didnt believe him and i dont know who i can trust in the auto electrical business as ive seen a couple and they have told me different stories. I dont want to spend hundreds on something that i might be able to do myself first like change the hydraulic unit etc. does anybody have any experience in abs systems or any ideas why the computer connection plug would have no power getting to it?
sorry for the novel guys just wanted to try and explained the problem as best i could so i could get even better solutions?

mitsuturbo

I don't know that there's anyone on here with a 6a12 car, or even a 7th gen for that matter. This site is more geared toward the 6th gen Galants.. the E39A.

Also, here in the USA, we didn't see the 7th gen galant until 1994. In 92 we were still getting 6g e39a, and in 93 there was no AWD (or turbo) galant shipped to the USA. We did however get 1993 galants, but they were still "sixth gen" and had better headlights than previous models.

rgeier11

Be sure to check all fuses.

On US models, I believe pin 4 and 12 need to be connected to your volt meter. Pin 4 is the ABS terminals and 12 is the ground.

Then, use this chart.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned