The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Heater/aircon controls

Hi all,

I can't figure out how to set the climate control in my J-spec VR4 to default to a particular temperature and fan setting.

Every time I start my car it defaults to 25C and hits me with hot air (though in my searching for heater info I that would be a good thing for some of you).

Just wondering if there is a way to change the default temp, seems like a trivial issue but it would make my car that much cooler. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

TomN

What year GVR4 do you have?
The 91-92 GVR4 here in America all have manual heat and a/c controls.

It's a 1989 model. It also has manual controls to change temp, fan and a/c settings. I'm just wondering if there is a way to change what it defualts to.

dandanger

Strange, I assume all JDM are with same kind of ac control, automatic with digital display? I got a -91 JDM and theres really nothing special about ac controls, if I set temp to say 21C etc, all the settings are the same next time I start. Must be something with constant power wiring, because only when I disconnect the battery the ac control is reset.

Yeah that's like mine, digital display and buttons as well but it doesn't remember my changes. Interesting point with the wiring, I shall have to investigate that further. Although the clock and sound system are unaffected.

Thanks

TomN

GVR4's here in America are not digital. They are turn knob.
I personally do not like digital ones.

MX4

Easily fixed!!

I bet you have an aftermarket stereo in the car. When people install an aftermarket stereo they often accidentally cut the "memory" wire for the air condition, as the wires are in the same part of the loom. Let me find some info on the wire you need to reconnect.

MX4

OK, there should be two wires on the stereo loom. One of them need to connect to the red & black wire so its gets a constant 12v feed. You will have two try both blue wires to find which one it is.

It did come with an aftermarket stereo! You're a legend MX4, thanks mate! Another small detail to make my car nicer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

misterfixit

It's a blue wire you need to connect.

Wiring schematics here:
click

Rich.

Oh and by the way, welcome!

You might find this useful:
click

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts