The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1660/2000 galant vr4 help please!!!

so many questions??? increasing power without doing too much simple bolt ons??? i would like to get about 300 hp to 350 hp??? i want to get started again on this car... was a dream car too have and slept on it...

TomN

Not sure what your questions are?
Are you asking how to get 300-350 hp with out bolt ons?

DDM

i think hes asking how to get 300ish hp without doing too much except some bolt ons. Upgrade the turbo, fuel and run more boost.

DR1665

Welcome to the fray.

Ordinarily, we tend to help those who demonstrate the ability to help themselves. You want a 300-350hp GVR4 because, in the 20+ years since they arrived in North America, you've heard all about people making crazy power with them, right? Now, if these cars can click off 9-second quarter-miles, 220mph land speed runs, and still give modern platforms a run for their money on tarmac and gravel in road and rally racing, it stands to reason there is more than two decades of technical information just sitting out there, ready to help you achieve your performance goals without nearly so much worry and heartache.

If you just walk into the party and shout, "Hey everybody! Tell me what to do!" You're going to find a lot of the more experienced folks turn and walk away. (Think how often they see this happen, ya know?) Worse than that, though, is knowing that, if you figure this out for yourself, that 300hp is going to mean so much more. I mean, would you rather have a box-stock 300hp Camaro - or walk one in a 300hp GVR4 you built yourself? See what I mean?

Two tools which will help you on your way:
1. The GalantVR4.org LIBRARY. See the site logo up above? The links just below it? Click the "Library" and explore.
2. The SEARCH. It's a piece of cake once you've figure it out. Search for "+something -Re:" Try limiting your search to the General and Technical sections or the Archives. You should be able to find a lot of the basic answers immediately. What's more, instead of waiting for one or two people to give advice, now you'll see dozens of answers to multiple questions on the same subject.

Knowledge is power, right? Use the search. Explore the library. Put that power to all four wheels. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

And, just because it's a good place to start and our search won't pull it up: DSMtuners has a nice staged upgrade path for the 6-bolt G63T.

Again, welcome. Go fast with class.

yes ddm... just bolt on parts.. like what parts do i need???

dr1665... i rather rather have something i worked on or put together ...

LIV4PSI

Walbro 255lph fuel pump
Aeromotive A1000 Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
650cc injectors or bigger, brand is your choice
ECMlink V3 w/ a new tune
2G MAF or GM MAF or Speed Density
2G exhaust manifold, ported of course
3in turbo back exhaust
EVOIII 16G turbo, or one of a similar size
Front mount intercooler and piping
Boost gauge and controller
SouthBend clutch to hold your new found power

Its about $3,500 in parts listed right there if you buy them new. And that is assuming hte rest of the car is mechanically sound, which since its a GVR4, that's highly doubtful.

Last edited:

thx liv4psi... you are right about the vr4 part... lol it does still need some work...

citymunky

What part of NYC are you from?

DDM

Quoting LIV4PSI:
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
Aeromotive A1000 Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
650cc injectors or bigger, brand is your choice
ECMlink V3 w/ a new tune
2G MAF or GM MAF or Speed Density
2G exhaust manifold, ported of course
3in turbo back exhaust
EVOIII 16G turbo, or one of a similar size
Front mount intercooler and piping
Boost gauge and controller
SouthBend clutch to hold your new found power

Its about $3,500 in parts listed right there if you buy them new. And that is assuming hte rest of the car is mechanically sound, which since its a GVR4, that's highly doubtful.

How the hell did you get my mod list? LOLOL seriously. That is word by word what i have in my car. Im probably not the only one. So sick of 16gs.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned