The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

bushings

Yao

Hello all, I think it is almost time to replace all the suspension bushings for a 20 year old car. Does anybody have a list of ALL busing upgrades and where to purchase them? I am thinking 4 wheel bearings, tie rods, swaybar links, ball joints, pretty much a major overhaul and what needs to be done while I have it all apart kind of list /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LIV4PSI

I basically just did the same on my car. I spent around $700 in parts when I was done. Here is what I bought

BoostX rear subframe and mustache bushings.
Energy suspension full 1g kit

From Rock Auto:
Front wheel bearing and seals
Rear inner and out wheel bearings with seals
Inner and outer tie rod ends
Front control arms (or just ball joints)
rear ball joints (same as front)
front and rear stabilizer links

OEM steering rack bushings and shifter bushings

The only parts I still need to do sometime are the rear strut bushings, and the bushings on the front U shaped brace that don't come with the ES kit.

Last edited:

GVR47111K

I'm pretty sure my car needs the exact same stuff as you guys. It squeaks going over almost any bump.

Quoting LIV4PSI:
I basically just did the same on my car. I spent around $700 in parts when I was done. Here is what I bought

BoostX rear subframe and mustache bushings.

Did you get any increased noise or vibration after these? I went with the softer bushings from him and I got a lot of noise upon acceleration.

LIV4PSI

I haven't installed them yet, but there is always an increase in NVH when upgrading to stiffer bushings. It bothers some, it won't bother me.

LIV4PSI

I wanted to add that I got my Energy Suspension kit and all of my OEM parts from JNZ Tuning. Good prices and even better service.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts