The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Alternator problems

I just bought a 1992 VR4, and I replaced the alternator and it seems to not be charging. Seemed fine for about 2 days. It smells burnt and is not longer charging. I have the Charge back wire hooked correctly and the fuse checked out. Is there supose to be a ground or is it engine grouned like on my talon? I am also having problems with the ABS seems that the pump motor never shuts off, even when the car is shut off.

Any help woudl be much appriciated,

Thanks,

Zach

xaisomboun

I believe there is supposed to be a small ground screw with a few wires coming from it below where the main connector is, correct me if Im wrong someone.

Would you be alble to look at your car and verify this for me, I'm not sure. My understanding is that it is case grounded, and grounds through the engine. Is it posible for a bad battery to kill an alternator in a day and a half? I havent checked that yet, but the alternator is forsure not charging.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts