The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

16g's becoming to expensive

Boos929

Looking for a turbo manifold upgrade that's cheap and reliable 300-350whp

LIV4PSI

Are you looking for a turbo or a manifold? If a manifold, I would go for the FP Race exhaust manifold.

Last edited:

LIV4PSI

Forced Performance usually has good prices on their 16G turbos. I would call around, many shops will price match if you make the effort to call.

Weird, looks like forced performance doesn't sell them anymore. Machv says out of stock. Rre isn't very clear on the cost, but then again their site is older than dirt.

LIV4PSI

That is weird. FP still sells just the CHRA, but its as expensive as what the entire turbo used to be.

raptorWagon

Probably because since there wasn't enough supply for the demand anymore (Tsunami and Earthquake will do that) and the prices across the board for a Evo3 16g skyrocketed to $999 from anywhere, it killed that market for the turbo altogether.

GSX_TC

I spoke to FP and they said they can't really get them anymore and the HTA68 is now discontinued and will be replaced with something called the HTA71.

James

I thought this was old news?

This is why I have two e3 16gs sitting on my shelf. I assume they are going to bring me a big profit.

Jason G.

It is old news. Your best bet would be to have your stock 14b converted to a 16g (usually around 200-250 or so if it doesn't need to be rebuilt) or find a used one. The days of cheap 16g turbos are over.

James

Note that you can still pick up used ones for 300-500, but that price is steadily rising!

Boos929

Where can I get my stock turbo swapped to a 16g ? Or am I better of finding a 18 or 20g?

Jesus_Negros

Jason G.

Quoting Boos929:
Where can I get my stock turbo swapped to a 16g ? Or am I better of finding a 18 or 20g?

A couple people on tooners offer the service. Take a look in the freelance section there. I think one member offers a small 16g or 20g conversion for the same price.

Barnes

I guess this will make a good excuse for going to a big turbo. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Wow, I never thought I would see the day when 16g's crested the 500+ mark.

Aren't 16g's the most popular upgrade for the 3si crowd? What are they using now?

Jesus_Negros

I think the 3si guys are paying like $1600ish for the 16g upgrade.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts