The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

jeff's galant gti- Philippines

Jeptorr

1991 PHDM Galant GTI

2.0 16v DOHC
95,000+ km mileage (garage queen)

mostly stock /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

when I first got her

some subtle changes and a little bit detailing

Thanks for viewing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

That silver color looks good on the galant.

Not diggin that rear red trim on the bump but other than that the car looks good.

jnava

Staff member
Nice car and welcome.

Jeptorr

Thanks for the warm welcome and accepting my post, although at the moment I joined it was all stock. Modifications are on its way. took me a while to post because i forgot my password.

replaced head - rvr

lightened flywheel

serviced the tranny

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Modified 8g strut

Finally decided to have her painted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

EMX5636

Car looks good! What did you have to do to get the 8th Gen Strut tower bar to fit? It looks like it fits rather nicely.

Jeptorr

Thank you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif , I had customized brackets patterned for the 6g and recycled the part where the strut bar is bolted on to make it longer

92_talon_awd

Car looks fresh man, lovin it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Jeptorr

some goodies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

rs bumper and hood vents

pic c/o kama1

Fitment

Advant ART

I was fortunate to secure the ART decals

USDM garnish - opposed by many, but in my country its rare and more expensive than the jdm version

Last edited:

CutlassJim

I'd say those lights are more J or EDM than USDM. They are just 92 style as opposed to your original 91 style but I love how they say GSR in them instead of VR-4. If I liked the 92 style lights I'd be looking for a set right now.

Jeptorr

Painting

mounting the rs vents

testing the rims

valve cover

I was going for the red accents on the gray body just to make it pop out. A little conservative on the rims though, the rims were actually available in red. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Just sharing a previous project way back in '06 I hope nobody minds
galant's grandpa

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

fuel

Quoting CutlassJim:
I'd say those lights are more J or EDM than USDM. They are just 92 style as opposed to your original 91 style but I love how they say GSR in them instead of VR-4. If I liked the 92 style lights I'd be looking for a set right now.

The USDM '92' style tail lamps were never fitted to any JDM models (or EDM models too I'm sure), they carried on with the October 89 'facelift' style (same as your USDM 91's) right through to the end of JDM production mid 1992. They did end up on some Asia/Pacific models such as New Zealand 1992/1993 models (but curiously, not Australia).

Jeptorr

I'm sort of confused /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

anyhoo here are some updated photos from the build /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

changed the tire series

Goodies

I think i won't be installing this one...

or this one

my good friends galant, just swapped the tires

detailed and checking the ground clearance - will be going back to stock height to
match the rally wheels

Gen 1 fog lamps installed - il be keeping the gen 2 for spares

rubbed and waxed. checking her out under the sun - will revert back to stock height to match the wheels

another friends galant fresh from the paint booth

I went to a local car show to support a friends shop. Turns out there were no parking slots available outside and luckily I was too lazy to bolt on my plates, instead I had them mounted using cable tie...I went out and removed them, pretended I was a participant. Luckily I got out before the registration could begin HAHAHAHHAHA! even had a free photo on their facebook page, kudos to the owner of the pic (2nd) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thank you and more power galantvr4.org /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

fin.

G

Staff member
Looks nice, you in the Philippines?

Jeptorr

sorted some of the electrical gremlins thanks to the long weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Last edited:

maroonmetallic

Quoting fuel:
Quoting CutlassJim:

The USDM '92' style tail lamps were never fitted to any JDM models (or EDM models too I'm sure), they carried on with the October 89 'facelift' style (same as your USDM 91's) right through to the end of JDM production mid 1992. They did end up on some Asia/Pacific models such as New Zealand 1992/1993 models (but curiously, not Australia).

Just an FYI. The 92-style lights with the GSR emblem came on USDM 92 Galant GSR. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I have a set sitting around that I haven't decided if I want to sell or not.

-Shawn

Turbotrix

I never even knew they made Galant GSR in US,What are differences between GSR and VR4?
BTW You Car Looks Great I love The Red Accent

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned