The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Headlights

xaisomboun

I looked up on autozone for new bulbs and it says I need 9006 type bulbs, but when I look on my headlight housing itself, the low-beams say H4 and highs say H3..??

Im confused, can anyone clear this up for me?

QnzMostWanted

does it say H4 and H3, or HB4 and HB3? If its HB4/3 then thats 9006/9005 for Low/High beams

Last edited:

mitsuturbo

Maybe your car has JDM headlights?

Snap a photo of the bulbs, and we'll be able to tell you pretty quickly what you need.

QnzMostWanted

yeah those are regular USDM heads, 9006 (low), 9005 (high) are the bulbs, what u saw was HB4/HB3 which corresponds to 9006/9005

GSX_TC

Quoting QnzMostWanted:
i doubt its JDM, arent they H3/H1 or H1/H1?

Most of them are H4/H1 For the JDM lights =)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned