The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Newb from Chicago/Indiana

Not to crowd the forums here but just dropping in to say what's up. Literally drove my GVR4 for the first time today and I'm already in love with this car. I hope to find a lot of information as I was told this is the go to site for GVR4's. Anyway, my car isn't crazy fast. It has a built bottom end, head done by Apex, 225 wally, battery relocated, on 16 psi (stock 14b), A/C delete, P/S delete and that's about it. lol The car is set up to handle power but for now the only near future mods would be injectors, cams and DSMlink. Other then that I plan for this to be my daily. Thanks guys.

rdomeck

Welcome to the club. Any pictures?

Thanks guys. I'll try and get some pictures up tomorrow morning. It's #342/1000 Nile Black. It is a solid car, interior is really clean, exterior isn't too bad but there is some pretty good rust forming under the front left driver body panel. The section where the plastic piece meets the actual metal, that's pretty rusty. You can't see it unless your down looking for it. Is that typical of these cars? Not sure if I can find replacement panels or have to do that myself. Anyway, my plans are for now to daily it. It's set up to handle a lot of power but I don't want to make it unpractical. Any advice on some things I can do to keep it fairly streetable? I'd love for it to essentially be a low 12 car if not a little faster. So I was thinking 272's, ECMlink, and a FP green. However I hear that a 16g can get me to my goal for half the price? Since I'm in Chicago DSM tuners are like hot cakes. I most likely will be going to Devin at Boostin Performance.

vtecds1

Welcome to the site!!! I've seen the car in person and looks very clean and congrats on your purchase. Also, Devin tuned my car and did a great job. I would also give Devo a call since one of the guys there knows about your car build.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned