The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Suspension

Looking to get some opinions on suspension, I have kyg struts with stock springs on the car now but there blown up front, so looking for a good strut if I should run the kyg's again or if there's any other one out there u would recomend and what springs I should run with them. I want the car about 1.5 inches lower then stock and would also like to know what's out there for thicker sway bars. I want it to handle good I don't care I it rides a little stiff.

xaisomboun

You could opt for the kyb AGX with the H&R lowering springs which will bring you down to where you want at about 1.5 inches.

For swaybar options, the only ones that I really know of are the Whiteline Swaybars front and rear.

Vr4junkie

There's the BC Coilovers click a few members running theses also evo struts which could be had cheap.

rdomeck

So.....You have KYB currently on the car and they are blown. And you want to know if you should put the same thing back on? KYB's should not be used on a riding lawnmower! Unfortunetly there are not a lot of main stream manufactures that make shocks for these old cars because enough people don't buy them. You should try and adapt a new set of EVO shocks. I went with Ohlins. I paid more for the shocks than I did a nearly running car. May not be for everyone, so you should try to find a good trusted manufacturer like Bilstein, Koni, etc. Like most things you get what you pay for. Also decide if you want them with a knob? If you can do without a knob then find a set of Bilstein's from an EVO.

Just wasn't sure about the kyb's they came on the car and it sat for about 3.5 years before I bout it so didn't know if it could cause them to take a sh*t, n I seen a little something about goin with Evo struts but didn't know if there direct bolt ins and if so do I have to run springs for an Evo and what about the top hats?

KiNgMaRtY

Before completely bashing on KYB, keep in mind that they still make plenty of quality OEM struts. For Ex. they manufactures struts for the STi and Evo. As long as you use there product in the correct form they will be fine.

If you get KYB's, either the GR-2's or AGX's and use them with the STOCK springs they will work great. If you use them with an aftermarket strut then say good bye to them. They really can't handle more than the factory struts. I've had them both before.

I have Koni's all around and are great with aftermarket springs. They will not bounce you around like the KYB's with aftermarket springs on them.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts