The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

VR4 newb

Just picked up a 92 over the weekend. 160k miles, unmolested, and even has the original keyfob in plastic bag. rear seat looks like it has never been set in, and no tears in front seats. has cd player, but owner gave me original radio too.

known issues: broken power antenna, rear steering line leaking (badly)

Starts up great, no smoke. drivetrain is solid.

Over next week or so, i'm going to replace every vacuum line, and all fluids in all differentials, engine/trans, and brake lines.

I'll post pics and more details later. Got some stuff to do around the house. wanted to register on here so i can start researching some how-to's.

BTW, signature allowance is too small, had to cut some out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jason G.

Congrats on the car, a stock one with an original fob is hard to come by these days.

IMO, I find signatures with people's fleet of other vehicles, owned or not, annoying. ymmv

Last edited:

James

What do you do with 13+ things to drive O.O

Welcome. Pictures please!

I daily the metro or GTP. Wrangler is for heading to mountains or beach (once a month). Truck is for hauling horse to shows, bike/car to VIR/Summit, or atv's to go trail riding, etc. Typhoon, chevelle, vette, and now VR4 are once a month driver's to carshows and such. Wife daily's the explorer. I just sold a Z51 C5 last year, targeting a C6 ZO6.

I do all of my own vehicle maintenance, which I admit b/w my other hobbies is starting to become overwhelming.

I just read through all the basic (some free) upgrades. looks like that will keep me busy for a week or so until i make sure the car is healthy.

btw, it's white (no sunroof).

Quoting Jason G.:
Congrats on the car, a stock one with an original fob is hard to come by these days.

IMO, I find signatures with people's fleet of other vehicles, owned or not, annoying. ymmv

Thanks.

Regarding sig, i tried to extended them out horizontally to cut down on depth, but it didn't work for some reason. btw, i like your sig (not referring to car portion).

GSTwithPSI

Quoting Jason G.:

^^^This. Pics of all that sh*t you listed with your signature in the photo or they didn't happen. Welcome to the site.

Last edited:

Now all we need is pics of the VR-4. Also, you have too many vehicles, so I will gladly take a few off your hands to make it more fair. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

GSTwithPSI

Touche my friend. Nice pics. A few questions.

-Do you live near that low water bridge? If so how do you leave your crib when it rains? I didn't see a ferry boat on your list of vehicles, although it would not surprise me if you own on of them as well.
-More info on the Chevelle and why the pic is on Pinks All Out. Was the car on the show, and did you win/lose?
-Is the 76 Vette a 4 speed?

jnava

Staff member
Nice typhoon, btw your trailer queen is awesome.

LIV4PSI

Welcome aboard. Did you know that Summit White GVR4s with hardtops not only look the best, but are also the fastest? Its true. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
Touche my friend. Nice pics. A few questions.

-Do you live near that low water bridge? If so how do you leave your crib when it rains? I didn't see a ferry boat on your list of vehicles, although it would not surprise me if you own on of them as well.
-More info on the Chevelle and why the pic is on Pinks All Out. Was the car on the show, and did you win/lose?
-Is the 76 Vette a 4 speed?

That is a state maintained road that is permanently underwater about 2 hours west of richmond virginia in the mountains. it is concrete, and generally 2" to 4" deep at all times. when it floods, i've seen it 3' under with rapids. in that case, there is a swing bridge (walking only) so people who live down that road can park there car on the other side before flood, walk over bridge, then get in car and drive to work.

Pinks all out: my friend registered and got accepted. he is building a 76 caddy with a twin turbo big block, and didn't finish in time. so rather than lose his slot, i let him drive my car. it wasn't running very well, and we bested a 12.4 @ 109. the group they selected for the finals was the group running 10.1 to 10.3. YES, they select groups of times. doesn't matter how fast you are. we had fun, but it was a lot of work. if you google "Pinks All Out, Richmond Va" My car was in that episode 3 or 4 times for about 1-3 seconds. once unloading it off trailer, once in staging, and once coming down the track. Just quick shots.

The 76 vette is a 3 spd auto. 1 out of 10 in 1976 had manuals, and i bought that when i was 17, so no way could i afford a 4spd at the time. I've upgraded it to a TH400 though with mild shift kid and upgraded gears to handle whatever hp i want to put in front of it later. it has around 300 hp now.

Quoting jnava:
Nice typhoon, btw your trailer queen is awesome.

I looked 9 months for a near mint condition 98-00 chevy (not geo) metro that was a 2 door hatch and 3 cylinder 5 speed. I FINALLY found it and drove 2 hours with cash in hand. They sell rather quickly, especially when they are in good condition. b/c frankly, the type of people who generally bought these cars don't know how to spell maintenance much less do it.

i get b/w 45-49 mpg without any mods and changing my driving style. my plan was to mod it and see if i can get 60-65, but i haven't had time.

I actually have 2, but the other was wrecked and i've stripped the parts off of it to sell.

Quoting LIV4PSI:
Welcome aboard. Did you know that Summit White GVR4s with hardtops not only look the best, but are also the fastest? Its true. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Of course! I just need to polish those white wheels now. They aren't the prettiest.

Last edited by a moderator:

This car is starting to piss me off!

Towed car to shop few days after buying it, got 2 rear steering lines replaced.

Drove home, one of the other two busted on way home.

Last week, I tow it back, get other two replaced. Meanwhile I buy complete turbo back exhaust, drop that off to have installed.

Get home today finally, drain and replace center diff and transmission fluid, go for test drive and i bust a brake line after hitting brakes hard...no brakes. pull back in driveway and park it (again).

Leaking somewhere in left front fender well (is the abs module there?).

dmj

Remember the car is 20 years old. To make it reliable you have to check everything. Do all required maintainence .timing belt, all hoses, coolant and brake etc . This car requires a lot of patience and know how. if you can't fix it yourself and have to take it to a shop the bills are going to add up quickly.

Okayplayer

This is true. I have gotten so frustrated with this car when it hard breaks but end up liking it more once I get it back working. It got so bad lately that I considered selling it a few weeks ago, but here I am again buying more parts to make it a little nicer. It is a cycle for me.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned