The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

antilock dash light on?

VR_IV_MR

I brought the car to a shop and now the antilock brakes light is on in the dash. I have never seen this light come on for 4 years. The previous owner said he disconnected the ABS wires, but didn't physically remove the ABS components.

What are these wires? I could swear I remember all of these being disconnected.

Going back outside to connect ECMLink...

VR_IV_MR

im talking about the three connections with the middle one unplugged. I am pretty sure all 3 used to be disconnected. What are these?? I am trying to search but the old vfaq engine bay diagram is no longer working /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

SouthCaliVR4

those are the abs pump connectors, you will still have a light with all three unplugged. remove the abs fuse from the three fuse holder on the bat. It is bolted in so don't be surprised it won't just pull out. once that fuse is out it will kill the light. you may also want to remove the ABS module located in the trunk by the antena motor.

Terry Posten

Remove the bolted in master ABS fuse at the battery as said above.

There is some serious power running through all those wires and it is best to kill the power at the source than allowing live wires lay around in the bay.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned