The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

4 wheel steer

hi guys i just signed up this forum because im a vr4 virgin, i have a mint 1991 vr4 galant, the things i have done to it are bc gold adjustable suspension and lenso spec b wheels, i have welded up myself and exhaust and am currently in the process of installing a bigger fuel pump and relocating my battery to boot so i have more room for a custom intake /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif i am stuck on what to do with my 4 wheel steer, i am wanting to lock it but not weld it up so i have the option of changing between having it and not having it. I was wondering if there are kits you can buy to lock it and still have it up to legal standard and if possible where from? thanks

rdomeck

I wish my car still had it. If it still works I would keep it working as long as you can. Just my .02 cents worth. From what little I know about it, it seems that you either have it or you don't. A lot of work to switch from one to the next!

SouthCaliVR4

A while back I had run across a bit that would lock the steering rack as a way to eliminate the 4 wheel steering but I think you'd still have to undo the lines and you'd still have the weight. I don't recall that it was reversible.

You kinda need to choose one or the other. If you do weld up the trailing arms & decide to go back dsm trailing arms do have the provision for the 4WS the subframes however, do not.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned