The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New owner of 1865 :)

Noobsauce

Just picked this project up today. 1865/2000 non sunroof. I was told the previous owner lost interest and moved. I'm feel very lucky to be able to get this one back on the road.
Sadly it has a branded title but the damage looks minor. Plus I plan on keeping her as long as possible.

GSX_TC

I hate when they lose interest and move on. Hopefully you won't do the same. Welcome aboard and post a few pics would ya.

GSX_TC

Nice, that's what I like to hear.

Quoting Noobsauce:
Nope not going to happen with me. I have a 93 awd Tsi as my daily that will be sacrificed to the GVR4 gods:)

Good man! Congrats! Now,...... Pics! LOL

GSX_TC

+1 on the pics

Noobsauce

Well let's just call them the before pictures haha

72b61f21.jpg

0fad0ee2.jpg

LIV4PSI

No drivetrain? That front suspension is sitting rather high

GSX_TC

It has potential

James

Quoting LIV4PSI:
No drivetrain? That front suspension is sitting rather high

Monster truck mods.

Noobsauce

Ya no drivetrain. After I do all the body work and paint it. I'm sacrificing my dd talons engine, trans, coilovers, 5 lug, 4bolt rear, evo8 wheels, exc:)

LIV4PSI

Galants will always be cooler than Talons, especially as daily drivers. I already killed off a 1g to get my 4 bolt/5 lug hubs. Anyways, it definitely has potential. How's the interior?

Last edited:

Noobsauce

The door panels are good and it came with a good set of front and rear seats. I guess the worst part is the dash has a hole and no carpets.

Vr4junkie

What are your plans for the car engine wise?

Vr4junkie

Nice I was planning to go hx35 but I want to auto Cross since theres a race track 30mi away so I might give the 16g a try

oh lord please dont jump on the DSM holset bandwagon every dsm guy for like 500 miles is all about that. i think they suck unless you like using 2000 of your powerband only.

Noobsauce

Done right it shouldn't be much worse then a 16g. I'm getting the .50 BEP housing so I should see max boost at 3800. I don't have the standard low comp pistons and it will be perfect for my goals. Plus I don't have $2g's to blow on a bb turbo. Im not jumping on the band wagon it's just in my budget.

GSX_TC

Haha Ouch

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned