The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Sheeeeeeeee's baaaaaaaaack. New to me: seventeen ninety eight

Picked her up Friday. I think this is Nickbuilt's old car
Hoping to track it's history. PO didn't seem to know much of anything about it or cars, in general.

PICS!

Last edited:

Quoting Lexington:
nice! I've got my eye on that intake manifold!

Haha - yeah, I bet. I've been a lurker a while here, have owned a handful of 1Gb GSXs, so I'm no stranger to the platform, but this is my first GVR4. That intake mani was one of many reasons I was willing to pay way too much for a 21 year old pile of DSM headaches! =P

GVR47111K

Title says 1798 but your name is 1793? Regardless, very, very nice car. I really like the two tone paint job.

yeah, surprisingly, they're not even remotely related. It's a handle I've always used; it would have been awesome if this was car 1793!

I'm hoping to find out some more about it. It seems like it was kicked from owner to owner here recently. The PPO had the bottom half shot in EVO grey. I like it. The EVO wheels, on the other hand... I think they will be the first of a handful of things to go. Not so sure about the AMG spoiler yet either....

GSX_TC

This car has another new owner already? Geez that car gets around haha I wonder why people keep selling it over and over. there was a video of it making good power on the Dyno and it appears in great condition. Maybe this owner will actually hang on to it for more than a year.

This car is going NOWHERE. She's mine now. I recall drooling over it when it got fresh SW paint about two years ago.

Any idea where that video is or who the past owners were?

Last edited:

FWIW: The PO only drove it a handful of times. The (Precision 6262) turbo was blowing oil out of the exhaust side.
She now has a fresh (Journal Bearing) Precision 6262 and runs like a scalded dog!

GSX_TC

I know atleast one of the owners were that nickbuilt guy, I would have to do research to find all the other owners. And as for that Dyno vid, it should still be on YouTube. It was taken with a crappy cell phone and is the same guy that recorded their shop car or something. All that should be in old past threads on here.

And Will's "just got this car" thread is here: click,All_Forums,&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=1019946&Search=true&where=&Name=12498&daterange=&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post1019946

GSX_TC

Yep those are the thread/video. Good digging guys.

nickbuilt

Yea that's my old car I built that car to what it was today! Will did nothing but powder coat a couple of things then sell it to someone else before you got it but those numbers sound pretty inflated if you ask me when I had the car it mad 501whp 410 trq @ 27psi

-nick

Calling dibs on the evo wheels lol
Quoting 1793:
I'm hoping to find out some more about it. It seems like it was kicked from owner to owner here recently. The PPO had the bottom half shot in EVO grey. I like it. The EVO wheels, on the other hand... I think they will be the first of a handful of things to go. Not so sure about the AMG spoiler yet either....

turbowop

That's a sweet GVR4. I don't usually like Evo wheels, but those look great on that car. I can understand wanting to change some things to make it your own though.

jnava

Staff member
That was listed at 9k, how much were you able to knock off?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts