The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Whats this connection behind the thermostat housing? Pic

stealthtt24

I found this unplugged then noticed the male end behind the thermostat housing. Plugged it I'm but can't start the car till rtv cures. What is it?

IMAG0098.jpg

desant78

I really can't tell what is in your picture confidently. I do know that the coolant temp for your dash is a sensor in the t-stat housing, and that you do not send fluid anywhere to reach it.

So I would be careful and really figure what you just hooked up. Are you refering to the rubber line that is meant to hold coolant?

Last edited:

mitsuturbo

Coolant gauge is usually the sensor on the FRONT of the Tstat housing. I believe that one is for something to do with the fans. I cannot quite recall what, though. It may be involved in the high/low switching of the fan circuits.

I do know for a fact that sensor is GVR4 specific. DSMs do not have it.

desant78

Quoting doggietom:
i believe that is your sensor for your coolant gauge for your dash

what lead you to say this? because I am confused by which part of this picture has to do with hooking up a sensor for your dash? I could be wrong, so please explain.

stealthtt24

Quoting desant78:
I really can't tell what is in your picture confidently. I do know that the coolant temp for your dash is a sensor in the t-stat housing, and that you do not send fluid anywhere to reach it.

So I would be careful and really figure what you just hooked up. Are you refering to the rubber line that is meant to hold coolant?

It's hard to take a pic of. It's the single female/male connector behind the tstat housing.

desant78

could you take another picture, and zone out a little bit?

mitsuturbo

I just looked it up in the FSM.

Here you go.

Keywords: coolant temp sensor sender thermostat housing sensors plug wire thermo switch coolant temp sender coolant temp sensor fan switch water temp thermostat housing sensors plugs sensor plug coolant temp sender senders pigtail wire wires

Last edited:

stealthtt24

Thanks, that's weird it was disconnected. We will see what happens tomorrow when I start it.

ktmrider

Like mentioned it's the temp switch for A/C fan ( RH one from front ).

img.php

Last edited:

desant78

Sorry about the placement of my messages, they weren't supposed to be so spread out. Good luck!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts