The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New guy from Colorado #680 of 1000

Hey there. Recently picked up a 92 that i feel was too good to let by. (2300)
Built bottom end built by a reputable shop, 16g on e85, evo 8 suspension are the main modifications.
I plan on restoring the body, but the interior is in nice shape.

I had a 1gb tsi a number of years ago in school that I sincerely loved. Never was able to modify it the way I wanted due to being a broke college kid.
My plans are to simply enjoy the car while I save to have the body work taken care of.
Down the road I will purchase dsmlink and upgrade the turbo. Only racing will be autocrossing this summer.

096c0099.jpg

Also, can anyone tell my what other year gallants will have interchangeable hoods?
Thanks all

GVR47111K

Welcome, glad to see another KG in Colorado. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think it is 90,91,92 that you want for a hood.

CO in the house!!

We should all get tOgether!

Okayplayer

Welcome. There are quite a few galants in the junkyards right now. I usually frequent the u pull and pay on Colfax in Aurora. There is a 91 galant there. At the other loton 66th there is a base model galant, a ggsx, and a vr4.

LIV4PSI

Welcome, that definitely sounds like a good deal. I like the way those wheels look on there.

Vr4junkie

Have you checked out any after market hoods I know they sell them at body shops junk yards there Twain replacements made of fiber glass and really light weight compared to stock parts plus the GVR4 hood isn't exactly light so that might be a plus and prices are fair used them on other cars in the past.

Galantvr4559

Okayplayer do u know by any chance the condition on the hoods i need a hood in good condition to refinish so i can wrap it in fo fiber. I like the look and wish i could afford real cf hood.

Quoting Galantvr4559:
We should get together at park meadows this weekend

I am down... I might be able to get one other person to come
If he gets his pt6262 installed on time.

I am all stock so there isn't nothing special about mine.

I need a stock radio deck!!!
I know someone can H.A.B.O.

Help A Brother Out.

Okayplayer

I'm going over to the yard today to scrounge a part for another member, so I will check then. The hood on 2 of the 3 cars in the yard were pretty beat, I will see if I have better luck at the other yard.
Quoting Galantvr4559:
Okayplayer do u know by any chance the condition on the hoods i need a hood in good condition to refinish so i can wrap it in fo fiber. I like the look and wish i could afford real cf hood.

Okayplayer

I think I just talked to the shop owner that your friend's car is at. There was a NB vr4 there that he was getting ready to drop a 6262 into there. That thing looks like it's gonna be a beast. Lot's of custom work there.
Quoting GVR4NGER694:
Quoting Galantvr4559:
We should get together at park meadows this weekend

I am down... I might be able to get one other person to come
If he gets his pt6262 installed on time.

GVR47111K

^^ I guess there are meets down in Colorado Springs at some Sonic on Sundays. Never been but I have a friend with a Honda Gaylude who goes down there pretty often.

Okayplayer

Quoting Galantvr4559:

I checked the hood on the galant at the Aurora upull, and it is straight and in good condition.

Last edited:

Quoting Okayplayer:

Quoting Galantvr4559:

I checked theropod on the galant at the Aurora upull, and it is straight and in good condition.

Did you happen to see if there was a stock radio deck?

I need one bad.

I wanted to I had no idea what time

I guess we can shoot for something during the week
If anyone is down..

Okayplayer

I was told that the first big meet @ Park Meadows is this weekend.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts