The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Tachometer twitch

xaisomboun

Around 2k RPM is when it usually "twitches"

Ive already replaced the coilpack, wires, and plugs (gapped to .028).. which fixed the issue IMMENSELY because it used to twitch and the car would sputter all the time.

Now it still happens, but very rarely.

Does anyone know the cause of this?

CAS maybe? Im not sure..

Input please and thank you!

xaisomboun

Bump! Still having this issue. I read that the tachometer can twitch because the cluster can be old.. is this a possibility? Whats the failure rate on clusters?

beaner

It is my understanding the power transistor works or it doesn't. Same with the CAS. Either the car runs or it doesn't. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Does anyone know this is for? I think it has something to do with the tach. Mine is hanging on by a thread and my tach jumps at 4k while on the highway but my logs are fine, so I have the same issue.

I haven't come across a new coil pack to raid that part from, so I'm just guessing here.

xaisomboun

Well, turns out replacing the power transistor has fixed my problem, no more hiccups or tach twitches or anything.

I've found that my valve cover gasket has gone to crap and was leaking a dribble of oil on top of my old power transistor. I dont know if thats the real cause or not, but getting a new one and relocating it in a different area has fixed it for me.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts