The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

#1865 Checking in

#1865 checking in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
I just purchased it(with a blown engine) with the hopes of returning it to the road. I found this forum while running a search for information and have come to the conclusion that technical information sources are just as rare as the cars themselves. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif
Here is my project.

LIV4PSI

Welcome aboard. You have a hardtop which makes it even rarer.

There is a TON of technical information about these cars. This website is full of it, not to mention all of the DSM forums. The same engine is found in every turbo 90-99 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, and Plymouth Laser.

Check out

vfaq.com
dsmtuners.com
dsmtrader.com
dsmtuners.com

Last edited:

KiNgMaRtY

Welcome. As mentioned there is tons of information about these cars and the motors but the VR-4 is its own as it is not a dsm and very special.

Thanks guys! I didn't realize the hard top was rarer than those with a sunroof. I'm already learning new things! Thanks for the links too.

Jesus_Negros

Welcome, make sure you do everything right the first time!. What happened to that front bumper?

I'm about to crush a BG hardtop in a few weeks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

LIV4PSI

Quoting 1865:
Thanks guys! I didn't realize the hard top was rarer than those with a sunroof. I'm already learning new things! Thanks for the links too.

Only 1,000 out of the 3,000 made have hards tops, so roughly 33%. I really don't like the sunroofs, so mine being a hard top was a large factor in me buying it. That and the fact it is Summit White. Belize Green is a good looking color as well though.

Last edited:

Quoting Turbro_Negro:
Welcome, make sure you do everything right the first time!. What happened to that front bumper?

I'm about to crush a BG hardtop in a few weeks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I actually purchased the car in this way. It has a black hood, black fenders(missing all 4 dog legs) and the front bumper that looked like its been through hell and back. The car has a branded title so I guess it happened in whatever accident caused the need for replacement. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif The rest of paint is also bad, so a full paint job is in its future.
And not to sound dumb, what is a BG?

Last edited by a moderator:

GVR47111K

BG is Belize Green.
NB is Nile Black.
SW is Summit White.
KG is Kennsington Gray.

uncleben4rice

Welcome 1865 just remember 2 things
1. Black Galants are faster
2. Big turbos are better

lol!!!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned