The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What is involved with installing the ETS FMIC?

VR_IV_MR

I will be driving to a shop a few hours away and waiting while they get the work done so I need to be thoroughly prepared.

Just from looking at pictures and reading so far, I am pretty sure I must:

-relocate the battery
-cut the bumper support
-reroute the intake

Do I need slim fans?
Any OEM gaskets or other parts?

I'm also changing out the throttle body for a 90 NT 63mm, so I'm ordering the Throttle Body gasket (TBIntake) - MD146399

Im also having it dyno tuned with ecmlink. I guess I'll mention to have a boost leak test after the FMIC install.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason G.

You shouldn't have to relocate the battery or reroute the intake. I can't remember on the trimming, iirc it mounts directly to the crash beam. The bumper cover will require some trimming if the slats are still in.

VR_IV_MR

Yea I want to keep it looking stock so I want to leave the slats in.

Jason G.

You'll have to trim those from the inside and it can be done with a box-cutter.

Edit: did you get the complete ETS kit with the piping?

Last edited:

4thStroke

Quoting Lexington:
I will be driving to a shop a few hours away and waiting while they get the work done so I need to be thoroughly prepared.

Just from looking at pictures and reading so far, I am pretty sure I must:

-relocate the battery
-cut the bumper support
-reroute the intake

Do I need slim fans?
Any OEM gaskets or other parts?

I'm also changing out the throttle body for a 90 NT 63mm, so I'm ordering the Throttle Body gasket (TBIntake) - MD146399

Im also having it dyno tuned with ecmlink. I guess I'll mention to have a boost leak test after the FMIC install.

ETS has an intake for their FMIC kit. The core requires you to trim the bumper support/beam and some trimming of the bumper cover. I believe you can keep the stock battery location with their intake kit. click

The ETS elbow is flanged for the stock TB. The 90 NT TB requires a coupler, that elbow will not work unless you cut the flange off and bead the end and use a coupler.

No slim fan required.

HHIVR4

Youll have to trim the back side of the bumper cover in the grill area to clear the front of the intercooler core.Cut out a little of the bumper core.Otherwise its a cake walk.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts