The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

vr4 brake upgrade

dsmless

have searched and searched but no luck, want to know if theres a write up or someone here has installed 92+ dsm brakes on there galant but kept it 4 lug still??

524of1000

Our brakes are the larger eclipse brakes. You'd be swapping the same brakes over. From what I've heard, the N/T 3000gt calipers have slightly larger pistons and *should bolt on. The 3000gt VR4 calipers are a sure fire upgrade, but require a 5 lug swap, adapter brackets, calipers, rotors and 17x8 +35 wheels.

Okayplayer

The 2 piston calipers that our cars come with stock are considered the big big brakes for dsm's. If you want to go bigger, there is the option to use 3000gt/stealth rt brakes which are 4 piston calipers. There is even a kit for it on tunersnation

citymunky

Quoting 524of1000:
From what I've heard, the N/T 3000gt calipers have slightly larger pistons and *should bolt on. The 3000gt VR4 calipers are a sure fire upgrade, but require a 5 lug swap, adapter brackets, calipers, rotors and 17x8 +35 wheels.

Yes the 3000GT SL front brakes are bigger than OEM Galant VR-4 brakes since 3000Gt was a bigger car. They do bolt-on to hubs with no kit.
Here a set for sale:https://www.galantvr4.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Board=UBB1&Number=1040297&page=0&fpart=1

The 3000GT VR-4 had 4 piston front brakes calipers and do adapter brackets (TunersNation), calipers, rotors and rims 17x8 +35 offset or bigger. 5-lug swap is not needed but makes life a bit easier.

Last edited:

dsmless

Thanks this is what i was looking for, theres a 3000gt N/t in the local pullers , thats why I asked

citymunky

really? The Yard here sucks. nothing cool ever makes it there only Non Turbo 2g's and honda's.

dsmless

Yeah and its all rust free too so no broken or stuck bolts, theres a base model 89 galant here too w manual seatbelts and under dash pocket colors blue tho

makedollarz

I used all the above, 3000gt pads, calipers, and tunersnation adapter plate, and just ordered new rotors drilled for the 4lug galant style. Saved the hassle of 5 lug swap and i already had purchased aftermarket 4 lug wheels, so saved that headache as well, its worth the swap for sure in braking feel.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts