The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Old school wheel pictures.

So I've looked through the picture threads, the members gallery, searched and done all of that. But what I'm looking for is pictures of gvr4 with old school or time period style wheels. I know there are a bunch on here with newer style tuner wheels as well as some factory wheels off other cars. But I have this feeling that our cars would look sick with some old SSRs, or OZs,enkei 92s or whatever in a 15 or 16. Motegi has a newer wheel called the mr124 I've been looking at too that is made to look old.

So any pics?

minneSNOWta

I haven't been able to find many pics with old school rims, but I think the Work Equip 03's would be sick. They are 4-lug too, which is convenient. If I ever decide to rock non-stock, those are what I would get.

RedTwo

Really? I don't have a single current photo of my own car on this computer? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
Ah well, it can wait a day I guess... awesomo period correct wheels....

vtecds1

I had a set of pearl white 5zigen div3 back in 95. I've been looking for another set for the galant but with no luck. I'll try to see if i can find a pic, but it was on my civic hatch.

15psi88

Those R32 wheels are spot on!
I have a set of Sterns from the early 90's Saleen Mustang I'm working on. I had the centerbores machined, now I'm having the 8" rears narrowed to match the 7" fronts. When they come back I'll color match the centers and do the hardware in black. A wheel I've pined over for quite some time. Finding them is...well, it was hard.
Photo297.jpg

I would have went the other way and have the fronts widened to 8" to match the rears lol.....

turbohf

i just picked up some RacingHart C2's for my GVR4... 17x7.5 3peice wheels. casting number on the back suggests they where made in 1999...

bobdole

Quoting turbohf:
i just picked up some RacingHart C2's for my GVR4... 17x7.5 3peice wheels. casting number on the back suggests they where made in 1999...

Post some pics of these if you can. I had a set of Racing Hart C2's and Racing Hart Tracer's on my old GVR4. Wish I had some pics. They where 17 7.5 also.

turbohf

i havent installed them yet. was waiting on bigger tires and suspension. might put evo9 suspension this weekend, and put the wheels on anyway.

IMG_20120115_165647.jpg

IMG_20120115_165656.jpg

IMG_20120115_165715.jpg

IMG_20120115_163026.jpg

Vr4junkie

Quoting 15psi88:
Those R32 wheels are spot on!
I have a set of Sterns from the early 90's Saleen Mustang I'm working on. I had the centerbores machined, now I'm having the 8" rears narrowed to match the 7" fronts. When they come back I'll color match the centers and do the hardware in black. A wheel I've pined over for quite some time. Finding them is...well, it was hard.
Photo297.jpg

loving the style of theses rims how much does a set like theses go ......or any body know of any other similar rims at a decent price range

misfitsnemesis

vr4junkie search for SC mustang wheels. They make them in 4 lug and 5 lug replica. Im really wanting to see those sterns on a GVR4 think it would look really good.

15psi88

Misfitsnemesis is correct. SC Saleens. Search "Stern Reverse face 2" also. When you find them, they go between $800-1500, depending on condition of course.

That is not my car, but it worked better than any of the ones I had of my own to do some photoshopping.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned