The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

new here map install question

Hello everybody, im currently in progress of a toying with a 16g gvr4, so far basic mods 550cc injectors and ecmlink v3, would anybody be able to direct me towards a thread about how to wire the map sensor? Im def ready to clean up the engine bay and ditch the maf, thanks in advance.

Diego

Ecmlink has a support forum.... they could answer way better then most of us. Some here know and will chime in as well, but Ecm forums are where those type of questions go for better direct answers.

Diego

mikus

Here you go -
wiring MAP should have 12V, signal and ground - colors depend on the manufacturer of course

Last edited:

thank you that last link was very helpful, the maf pigtail on my car currently is hacked thanks to the previous owner putting some ebay garbage on there that works about as well as an 90 year old hooker, shouldn't be an issue with a wiring diagram though. I will post up if I run into any more issues because wiring might as well be rocket science for me even with a diagram. There isn't a detailed thread with pictures is there? I will try to remember to take a few while I do the install if not. I totally forgot that there were ecmlink boards to troubleshoot thanks for the reminder lol. I'm busy with school so the car is 2nd priority at the moment so I tend to forget about it sometimes.

raptorWagon

Is it a GM 3 bar map sensor and IAT sensor?
You could use one of these
1g MAF to SD harness

Worked great on my car when I was running Speed Density.

Last edited by a moderator:

I have that, unfortunately the MAF harness on my vehicle is not the oem 1g, could be a 2g or an ebay special idk I admittedly do not know anything about dsm's. After some research on the ecmlink boards I found all the wiring info I need along with the ecu pinouts, they even have pics of everything along with the description. Should be cake to wire it up, then I just need a local shop to make me some new charge piping with the bung for the IAT(stuff on there now is steel ebay junk that has rust on it, not good) and I will have the same shop tap my intake manifold for the map sensor.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned