The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

new too the dsm world

whats upp everyone im around a lot of dsm guys i got a lot i been driveing hondas most of my car time but i want too sleep at night lol soo im getting out the honda game this is my second dsm i had a 89 colt 4g63 swaped and now i got a 91 galant vr4 will take more pics when im done with the car

2012-01-09160435-1.jpg

2012-01-09160513-1.jpg

trunks

Welcome, car looks good. I like the white ones.

PS - don't call it a dsm around here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Jesus_Negros

Welcome to the forum man!

It looks like you still havent owned a DSM /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

JCorbo25

Looks in good shape, welcome to the board.

Lots of helpful people and resources on here. If you can't figure out the search function, use google (that's what I do).

raptorWagon

Welcome.

Quoting jdmvr4:
this is my second dsm i had a 89 colt 4g63 swaped and now i got a 91 galant vr4 will take more pics when im done with the car

a 89 colt is a CSM and a Galant VR4 is made in Japan thus not a DSM.

DR1665

Welcome to the community jdmvr4. Just a friendly reminder, you never get a second chance to make a first impression. Please don't take the following as anything more than a light-hearted joke about a very serious subject, okay? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GalantVR4.org Translation Service:

Quoting jdmvr4:
Hello, everyone.

Many of my friends are DSM enthusiasts and, let me just say, I have a lot of DSM guy friends. The majority of my automotive pursuits have revolved around Hondas, though. This has led to many a sleepless night spent comparing the irritating buzz of VTEC to the manly roar of an open turbo wastegate, so I've decided to put childish things aside and return to the Mitsubishi fold.

I've never owned a DSM, but this Galant is my second Mitsubishi. Previously, I had a 1989 Colt into which I had installed the venerable 4G63T. Here are a couple pictures of my Galant. I am still developing my goals for the car and look forward to the collective feedback of this community as I share them, publicly.

2012-01-09160435-1.jpg

2012-01-09160513-1.jpg

If the IP didn't actually checkout to Connecticut, I'd figure this another one of Wop's cruel jokes.

fuel

Welcome!

DSM is Diamond Star Motors which is a collaboration between Mitsubishi and Chrysler to produce the Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon and Plymouth Laser. It was designed and assembled in the US but also sold in some European markets (and even sold in small numbers in Japan). It was available in L.H.D only. The 1G DSM is based on the 6G Galant platform, 2G based on 7G Galant and 3G based on 8G Galant.

The Galant VR-4 was assembled in Japan and the 6G Galant is available just about all over the world - that is to say it was not unique to the US like the DSM was.

Many DSM parts are interchangeable, but the Galant VR-4 (or any Galants for that matter) is not a DSM produced vehicle.

CSM stands for Colt Summit Laser and refers to the smaller C50/60/70/80 models - I believe these aren't a DSM produced vehicle either.

wow well thanks for all the new stuff i just learned here i really dident know that about the galant stuff and the colt

Terry Posten

I don't think anybody else has came out and spelled it out for you but what you have there is a MMC. Mitsubishi Motors Corp.

Check the firewall plate and all the windows, the markings should say "MMC". Unless of course some glass has been replaced.

For a bit more info, the chassis code is E39A. Searching the chassis code can find you chassis specific parts easier and it sounds really cool.

Because we had the E39 before BMW took it for their 5 series. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Welcome to the site.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned