The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Thread Closed

Trying to throw new bulbs in both fog lights, what is the easiest/safest way to separate the glass from the housing? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

For some reason I have a memory of someone telling me to put it in the oven at 350 but I wanna make sure before I blow up my house lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

fuel

are you just wanting to replace the lamps? You don't need to open up the housings to do that!

524of1000

2 screws on the top of the fog light bracket. Remove them. Behind the bumper cover on the back of the foglight is a plug. Disconnect it. Slide the fog lights out from the front of the bumper cover. On the back of the fog light housing is a round cap. Unscrew it. This cap has the bulb. remove the old bulb, install the new, but DO NOT TOUCH THE GLASS ON THE BULB. Installation is reverse of removal.

Oh snap, yeah got em done, for some reason I was under the impression the rear opening was to access ballast, whoops!

Easier than I thought it would be, thanks guys!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned