The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Regaining interest in 1311/2000

chach161

I am regaining interest in my Galant VR-4 that I have had for at least 13 years. I had done quite a bit to it about 11 years ago but haven't done much in the past 9 years or so. I had found some like new blizzaks and 17" rims and planned to get it running for winter. I thought the Intercooler piping was leaking so I ordered up a Maft and I fixed what I thought was a boost leak in the intercooler piping. I made one side of my intercooler piping from the IC to the Throttlebody with a SARD BOV. O2 sensor isn't working, and I can't get it to unscrew so I am almost done making a new one that isn't vent to atmosphere (want to autocross and they don't approve). I just have the O2 bung to weld on that I didn't have when I welded the rest. My EGT gauge isn't working so I got a great deal from thedsmguys for a greddy EGT and Boost gauge. I fixed a charging issue with my palm IIIc so I have datalogging via MMCd or Palm'n'Stein.

Here are list of mods:
Aries Pistons 9:1 as I remember
ARP bolts
Cyclone JDM manifold
90 Oil Filter/cooler setup with braided AN lines
ACT 2600lb clutch
Road Race Engineering lightened flywheel
NOS wet system
SARD BOV
ebay 16g EVO III turbo
3" exhaust
2.5" in and out intercooler
MAFT
Tune via chip burner and Hex edit program
Walbaro 255
PTE 680cc
B&M Fuel pressure Regulator
AGX shocks
H&R springs (taking off for winter)
strut bars

Here is a list of things I have to do to get it running:
1. EGT gauge
2. O2 Sensor
3. make other intercooler pipe from turbo to intercooler
4. change to stock springs (rubbing issues)
5. new plug wires
6. 93 Headlights
7. Repaint car white with some red?

Please comment. I need all the inspiration that I can get. I will try and get some pictures as they are probably more interesting than reading my rambling.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned