The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

IM GOING INSANE! Starting issues and over 3krpm issues

So I have an unbelievable amount of work put into this galant. I bought it because i was told it only needed a headgasket and the person seemed cool and was from this forum.
Turned out it needed a new head. So 1200 dollars later and a few extra mods into the head, It was still overheating. I just put a new thermostat and radiator in and now no overheating! Yay.
Alas, I took it for a test drive and everything was fine until I accelerated too quickly and then it sounded like BAHPBAHPBAHPBAHP..exactly like a galant with launch control sounds like.
So I figured it was my TPS or FPR. So I fiddled with my FPR the tiniest amount and now it wont start again.

I do have a 90 GSX motor in a 91 GVR4...any thing that I am missing? Special adapter for the TPS? Any suggestions for tuning? I am still browsing this site so I may answer my own question but if anyone has any help or is located in the New Hampshire area and wouldnt mind looking at it anything would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Ian

Ok, so I got the car running again. Idles fine but at idle has a check engine light but once you rev it it goes away. I am still havin issues with any heavy acceleration. So because the motor is a 90 and the chassis is a 91...if the issue is my ECU what year ecu should I get?.
I apologize for the noob questions but I am new to the dsm. Thank you again for any help

Yes the gap is perfect...I'm going to order some new plugs and wires anyway but the ones in there are fine.
The weirdest thing is that there is a check engine light on at idle and it goes away when I give it gas...??

So I ran the car lOnger at idle and went to move it from one lift to another in the garage and when I got out of the car it smelled super funky. Super strong smelling so am I correct in saying that I need an ECU?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts