The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I'm new...

91 Galant vr4, Pretty clean car for 20years old.

Here's is the ad:

i have a 1991 mitsubishi galant vr4 for sale it is a running and driving car
6 bolt 4g63 with a 4 bolt lsd rear end ,driveshaft shop axles on all 4 corners, drive shaft loop ,5 speed trans,awd
has a rebuilt head with brian crower springs and retainers, decked / machine work, new head gasket
new water pump ,oil pump, gaskets, timing belt tensioner, battery is relocated into trunk
the bottom end is stock has a 16g turbo at stock boost, fmic, 2.5 in short route piping with gm maf and a maf translator, eprom ecu, 3" s.s. thermal exhaust
mint work emotion wheels with 1000 miles on bfg gforces and come with the stock wheeels with tires on them( can keep work wheels to lower price)
tinted windows, cd player and nice speakers
cross drilled and slotted rotors, hawk pads, russel s.s brake lines, lowering springs
momo competion steering wheel
the car is nile black, no rust

Right now I'm looking for a valve cover (mine leaks), I think I'm going to go with a hyundai one (heard they are stronger). I also need a ps pump, Should have them later this evening if the gentlemen gets back to me. Still haven't found a passenger marker light or passenger fender liner. I'm running without an air filter and would like to route the pipe and have the filter where the washer reservoir was, but If I can't find the liner I'll have to simply run it where the battery was. I also would like to find a rear drivers strut carpet, or whatever you call it, and a washer squirter to fill the hole in the hood.
After I get those things sorted out, I plan to install a wideband and tune to run around 20lbs. Pretty new to this, but I'm fairly certain I can use the o2 bung on the manifold? Or do I need to leave the o2 sensor alone and drill and weld a new bung? I was also thinking about a bigger downpipe, but am unsure which will work on this thermal exhaust, I haven't worked with v band clamps before, it doesn't leak now and I like that lol.

Anyways, here's some pics: Thinking about selling the wheels... any takers? +48 offset

img.php

img.php

maroonmetallic

Welcome!

I cannot tell. Are the wheels 4 lug or 5-lug?
Are you looking for a Hyundai valve cover? I have one if you need one.

-Shawn

Last edited:

Thanks! They are a multi 4 lug. I just picked up a valve cover, ps pump, and an intake. The water reservoir is in the way of the intake though. Previous owner jammed the front mount IC in there and mounted the reservoir, well ziptied it in front of the cooling fan. I don't know if there is room to mount it next to the fan. I need to see some pics of how it is mounted stock.

JCorbo25

I really like the look of those rims.

The radiator reservoir is mounted directly behind the driver side headlight on a little metal slot.

MellowVR4

awwhh yes more vr4's near my area, its great lol, nice to have you on. maybe one day in the summer we can meet up, maybe at great lakes?

LIV4PSI

Welcome aboard. I am pretty new here as well. Your car is definitely clean.

Widebands use there own bung, don't just put it where the O2 sensor is. Most aftermarket downpipes come with an extra bung already installed. Also, make sure you add a fuel pump and injectors before cranking up the boost.

Quoting MellowVR4:
awwhh yes more vr4's near my area, its great lol, nice to have you on. maybe one day in the summer we can meet up, maybe at great lakes?

Hell yeah, I didn't go at all this year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Quoting LIV4PSI:
Welcome aboard. I am pretty new here as well. Your car is definitely clean.

Widebands use there own bung, don't just put it where the O2 sensor is. Most aftermarket downpipes come with an extra bung already installed. Also, make sure you add a fuel pump and injectors before cranking up the boost.

Thanks! A walbro 255 is installed, and they guy I just picked up a few parts from last night offered his 1kcc injectors for 200 bucks, tempting.

Quoting JCorbo25:
I really like the look of those rims.

The radiator reservoir is mounted directly behind the driver side headlight on a little metal slot.

Want em? lol. behind the drivers side or passenger side? Seems to make sense to have it on the passenger side.

maroonmetallic

It's placed on the drivers side behind the headlight. I would have to search for the mounting bracket, but I know I have the reservoir...

okay, I see now that I have plenty of room there. Wish I had the inner fender liners though...

Lofty

Ohhai.

I'm also from Wisconsin.

Do you know Tony/Marcos V or Eddie Martinez?

He's had like 4 GVR4's so far, keeps selling them

Clean car, let's meet up when mine runs! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

raptorWagon

Andy_S on here is also from Racine, I used to live in New Berlin, well technically still do as I pay WI taxes lol. Need to renew my license and tabs for my Coupe next summer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gombos

For the wideband 02, you can run it in the stock front location if that is what your computer is using for the primary 02 (if you were using a standalone ECU), but most of the time it is suggested that you install it slightly downstream to get the most life out of the sensor.

raptorWagon

These cars only have one o2 sensor, so there is no "primary" or "secondary" sensor to even worry about.

Gombos

Sorry I should have clarified, what I meant by primary was that the car actually ran off of the wideband and not used as just a logged value.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned