The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Vaccum

gramkrakr89

Those appear to be ports for EVAP and EGR stuff... they need to be terminated like that if you have deleted the EVAP and EGR systems.

right guys?

gramkrakr89

The EGR system allows some recirculated exhaust gas to enter the intake manifold in order to control emissions during periods of low load. (verify?)

And I never quite understood how the EVAP system worked, so someone else is gonna have to chime in here (my car came without it, so I never studied it)

SouthCaliVR4

Egr works under load, ported vacuum. used to reduce combustion chamber temps & the resulting NOX emissions. Also allows for more agressive timing. can see knock issues if you can't tune for it's removal.

Evap stores vapors from the fuel tank & allows them to condense back to the tank or be burned through the intake, also typically under load & ported vacuum

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned