The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

good tire size for 17x7.5 wheel?

Forced myself into getting new shoes for 1517, and the 225/50's are too tall. Recommendations? I'd spend a little time searching but work is upon me. Thanks guys. I eventually plan on lowering it some (1-1.5") also, if that makes a difference.

H05TYL

215/40's (12mm smaller diameter than stock) or 215/45's (10mm greater diamter than stock) though a 205/45 is closest to stock dia.

A 225/45 (20mm greater dia than stock) or 235/45 (over 30mm greater dia than stock) are too big imo.

Well I had initially planned to go down to Discount Tire and run through some options to get something closer to a 205/55/16, because those were a really nice fit when I had them. However, I couldn't pass on set of barely used 235/45/17's that I found. Goodyear Eagles for only $275, all four as a set, mounted and balanced. Had them installed today. They stand about 3/4" shorter (actual, not "by the numbers") than the 225/50/17's that came off, and they look awesome. The tread pattern looks nice and aggressive too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts