The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

CV Axle Boots

Where do you get your CV Axle boots for a reasonable price? I ordered some from rockauto but these wont fit. Our axles are not perfectly round so i will have to send them back.

I have the band tool to do the work, just don't know where to get the parts.

I am looking for the inner and outer for the front. If you also know the part numbers for the back that will be helpful down the line. I don't want to order from mitsu /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Example picture, not my axle. if my axles were this bad i would just get new ones heh.
2011-01-29170517.jpg

123abc

Last time I bought one it was from a local parts store. They should have them or be able to get them.

DR1665

Got mine at Autozone or Checker. Never a problem, really.

Good luck!

SouthCaliVR4

Looking at that joint I wouldn't waste my time putting a boot on it when you can replace them cheap enough or is that a rear axle?

gmp

looks to be the front driver side those are pretty cheap refurbed. I would go for that, dont get the parts store one find a place that rebuilds em so you can always yell at the rebuilders if it does fail. I use to work for a place that rebuilt them and they did great work and were always happy to fix any that did die because of there fault. I also got to walk away with a super nice set of my own making on the last day of work. Some hybrid strong bastards roided out!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Here is the spot i worked im sure they would send ya one if you called they ship to cali all the time a few race teams use them out there.
click me for fancy pantys parts

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I have bought front and rear boots, some from Advance auto parts, and most from Rock Auto. Show us the problem, as I have done lots of these and they have worked fine.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Oh, I did select Beck Arnley most times from Rock Auto if they have them. They tend to be most like OE parts.

gmp

Oh, I did select Beck Arnley most times from Rock Auto if they have them. They tend to be most like OE parts.

Good call close to oe.
comparing china part store axles to oe or a good rebuilder, is like comparing harbor freight tools to snapon or hell even craftman....
Its in the quality of the metal and design.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned