The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

So whats the difference?

Lancer99

Between Eprom and non Eprom ECU's? I found out mine is a non Eprom, and the eclipse is all stock with no mods and Im not going to be modifying any time soon. But I just want to know the difference.

fuel

not sure with USDM models but with JDM models the difference between the older non-EEPROM dual board ECUs and the EEPROM single board ECUs is 15hp for non-Evo models with 450cc injectors and 14B turbo, and an additional 20hp for Evo models with 510cc injectors and 16G turbo. You cannot replace the 'chip' on the non-EEPROM dual board ECUs like you can on single board ECUs with say a keydiver chip for instance.

Xcelerate

I customized and tuned EPROM chips, the difference is the stock ecu has a fuel cut, and the timing trim is not meant for high boost, the fuel is too comservative. If your keeping it stock then your ok. But if your upgrading, then you better find an EPROM ecu.

donniekak

A non eprom ecu has the memory stored in the cpu. An eprom ecu uses an external memory chip that can be removed, and replaced with another chip, with different parameters. Unless you change the chip in an eprom ecu, it operates the car exactly as a non-eprom would.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned