The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Hello, Newer to the Boards, long time VR4 owner

Hi guys, I'm Travis, I own 738/1000, I've had the car forever it seems, nearly 8 years now. Had a KG car before this one, but wrecked it. I don't frequent here often, but Justin(galant1517) keeps telling me I need to be on here more. Anyhow, just introducing myself. Oh yeah, for those of you who went to the August 21st meet at Justin's house, I was there with my white Talon.

Diego

Haha, welcome.... why have we not met? Maybe we did, you probably were at the cook out, at Justins.

Pics of this epic motor Justin speaks of.

Diego, you have met him. And his motor doesn't look all that impressive. The goodies are inside where it counts. And Diego, remember, he took a ride with you and Bryan during the cook out.

Oh yeah, and for you sticklers who check IP's and all that, Travis did his first post off of my phone.

Here is me is case anyone is wondering.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diego

Quoting galant1517:
Oh yeah, and for you sticklers who check IP's and all that, Travis did his first post off of my phone.

Speaking of IP checks, I clicked on mine and it had bad feedback and put me in Pueblo... WTF.. I dont understand the whole thing.

@Travis, Your image did not load

It's a 4G64 with Wiseco pistons, Manley rods , Eagle crank. CNC head with beehive springs and retainers, FP4r cam, FP red Turbo. Custom built timing cover. Fidanza cam gears.

Quoting vr4addict:
It's a 4G64 with Wiseco pistons, Manley rods , Eagle crank. CNC head with beehive springs and retainers, FP4r cam, FP red Turbo. Custom built timing cover. Fidanza cam gears.

Travis, you left out a ton of good stuff.

The block has full ARP hardware, main girdle, BSE, balanced rotating assembly, 2G oil pick up, OEM oil pump. The block was decked and align honed.

The head has oversived valves, cams degreed specifically for the 2.4 application, and has been port matched to the manifolds.

Both the block and head have been detailed internally, removing all of the excess casting flash and allowing for the best possible oil drain back. Every oil passage was bottle brushed and the passages between the block and head were all chamfered to help resist cracking following the resurfacing. The custom built timing cover and valve cover are both belize to match the car, there is the see through upper timing cover. MLS H/G, OEM timing components, ...

Diego

Quoting galant1517:
And Diego, remember, he took a ride with you and Bryan during the cook out.

Oh yeah, that dude.

Right on, I never did see his galant though.

Infourpics!

Quoting FavNumber:
94 Galant GS cam gears or adjustable cam gears?
Stock rod length?

This is a true 2.4 4G64 bottom end. It has oversized pistons, but rod length, stroke, wrist pin height are all standard 2.4 spec. They are Fidanza 2.0 cam gears, but they have adjusted accordingly for the 2.4.

Quoting Diego:
Quoting galant1517:
And Diego, remember, he took a ride with you and Bryan during the cook out.

Oh yeah, that dude.

Right on, I never did see his galant though.

Infourpics!

Quoting vr4addict:
Hi guys, I'm Travis, I own 738/1000, I've had the car forever it seems, nearly 8 years now. Had a KG car before this one, but wrecked it. I don't frequent here often, but Justin(galant1517) keeps telling me I need to be on here more. Anyhow, just introducing myself. Oh yeah, for those of you who went to the August 21st meet at Justin's house, I was there with my white Talon.

Diego

I can read, I was just ninja posted every time I went to post. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

No problem, let me know if you have any other questions and I will help if I can.

I was driving my white 92 talon that was recently totaled on October 15. Some 16 year old kid pulled out in front of me.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned