The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What kind of turbos can I use with this mainfold

Vr4junkie

Thinking of getting this Mainfold click im thinking of bolting up a Hx35 or hy35 or any other t3 turbo in the price range of no more than $400 that will bolt up to this mainfold and not have any issues with clearance will go civic radiator if I have to

gramkrakr89

Had a buddy who tried some T3 manifold for his hx35, and the compressor housing was contacting the block (or something) - had to get it cut and re-welded at a slight angle -

anybody have experience with this particular manifold?

broxma

I think a 35 size turbo hits the block. It's close with a 35r even on my 700.00 DNP tube manifold and I know the mount location of the cast one is closer to the head. The problem can be alleviated by having the turbo mount surface milled at an angle, but you still will need a custom outlet for the hotside to DP connection.

/brox

Vr4junkie

So the Hx35 wont work with this mainfold what about with hy35 ??

Vr4junkie

no the hy35 is a little bit smaller then the Hx35 click

gramkrakr89

I see now. The difference in size may be enough to clear the block, as it only took a slight angle for my friend's hx35 to clear. Anybody have experience with the T3 hy35?

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned