The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fixed: Light clutch pedal all of a sudden?

stealthtt24

Got in my car today and all of a sudden I notice the clutch pedal is very easy o push in till the engagement point. Car has an act 2600 pressure plate. It does it once the car is warmed up. It still goes into all the gears fine. It does not have a ss clutch and its not making any funny noises. What's the deal?

Last edited:

stealthtt24

It seems to be harder to get in gear now, but still can. Going to inspect the clutch line in the morning.

might be the master cylinder, it's happened to me more times than I care to remember

stealthtt24

$140 from extremepsi.com... I'm assuming its not air in the system. I did knock the cap off the other day. I'll report back after I inspect the line.

stealthtt24

Checked the fluid reservoir, lower than minimum line. Putting fluid in it tomorrow. Checked the clutch line and didn't see any visible leaks.

Brunoboy

usually Masters and slaves go out together. Ive also found out that OEM Masters allow more adjustment than the normal Autozone/Kragen Crap. I am using a OEM Master after going through two different Aftermarket Masters but I am using a Kragen Slave Cylinder that seems to work ok.
-Shane

stealthtt24

I installed a new oem master cylinder but haven't bled it yet, just topped off the fluid. Is it normal for the pedal to want to go straight to the floor? The old master was leaking in the interior side plus it looked like the original one for the car so I'm pretty sure that was the culprit.

Brunoboy

once you break the line, then air gets into it. Yes the pedal will go straight to the floor until you bleed it.

stealthtt24

Got a new master installed and seemed to have fixed my problem, thanks guys.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned