The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

do i need the MAF

i been looking at a lot of 1g cars and i have came across a lot that dont have a MAF well at least none that i noticed. is this possible and how because the one i currently have is way to big and takes up a lot of needed room for future mods

citymunky

They can be using a

2g MAF:
main.php

EVO 8 MAF:
63615_1654879726315_1066714544_1823857_7439395_n.jpg

3" GM MAF with MAF translate:
gm-maf.jpg
&
MAF-T_translator.jpg

or

got rid of the MAF and are running Speed density and are using a MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor with IAT (inlet Air Temp) sensor.

Last edited:

yea from the pics i have the 2g maf i like the 3"GM just because it small where do i buy that other parts from and how much does it all cost

IncorpoRatedX

IncorpoRatedX

You're killing me man... click

ok so i read a form on dsm tuners and it was bassicaly say that it is bad to have a maf before the BOV because he air was already meatered, so if i did go with the GM maf what would the benefits be for putting after the GM maf.
click

citymunky

Your last sentence doesn't make sense, the BOV need to be before the GM MAF. If you do go this route, here what it need to look like.

maft.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts