The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

trans ?

what are the signs of low trans fluid? and also the cv shaft that bolts to the engine in the driver side with the bearing is there suposed to be a spacer between that and the block because wen i boled it on the bolt on pass side is flush but theres like a 3/8 gap on the driverside bolt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Lancer99

No spacers at least not that I know of. Maybe part of a bolt broke inside there. And what do you mean by low signs of trans oil? You would most likely hear either humming or grinding noises while driving. Or the trans will just go out on you if there was low or no oil in it.

i already know theres no bolt broken i checked before i installed engine i should of installed the shaft at that time but i forgot. and i think the trans is low because there is a humming/grinding sound i think its from the front tho not sure may even be a bad wheel bearing. but i still cant figure out why the shaft wont bolt right on.

Why not just drain the fluid and re fill with fresh fluid for piece of mind? then that would be one less thing to worry about.

thats wat i was going to do its just late and didnt feel like doing it its like 28 degrees outside

citymunky

Just remove the tranny fill plug and check to selee if you can feel any fuild. If not just add more.

pauleyman

Let me guess, you have an AC delete. The bracket to the AC compressor is the spacer to the drivers side bearing. Yes you need it. You can bolt back on the ac bracket or order this spacer.
MB297732

ok thank you it just didnt lok right to me and i totaly forgot that the ac braket went there THANK YOU

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned