The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Shifter linkage?

MegaSuiter

I have noticed that 2nd, 4th, and reserve are all stiff to shift into. 2nd grinds the most, but I can get it in without grinding if I am nice, 4th has a slight grind to it, and reserve doesn't grind, but is hard to get into. 3rd also has a slight grind to it sometimes. I will check the fluid over the weekend. I was looking on vfaq.com and it seems to relate to the "shifter movement fix" thread. The tranny only has 124k on it.

Are you sure it is not the clutch adjustment/bleed? Mine is also a bit hard to shift, I would like to see what others say as it mite help me too. You can (as I do) double clutch, also touch 5th (not into, just touch) before you pull back into reverse.

MegaSuiter

ThthhNks... I guess that could be a possibility too. If it isn't adjusted right wouldn't the pedal be weird? Or would it be Mormon and the shifting be weird? Anyways good point and I would like some input from anyone with similar problems and how they fixed them!

Quote:
If it isn't adjusted right wouldn't the pedal be weird

possibly not. Search you tube for "jacks transmissions proper clutch adjustment" probably the best explanation I've found.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts