The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

#265 or #256...or? lol

MegaSuiter

My 300zx sits helpless as my new live enters my life.
IMAG0171.jpg

The previous was nailed by a Dodge avenger
IMAG0172.jpg

IMAG0173.jpg

Over all though Rupert is very clean...not compared to most of yours though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
IMAG0175.jpg

IMAG0176.jpg

IMAG0177.jpg

Anything and everything the car is missing, including the interior, and especially the pieces of the front please tell what and whrre I can purchase. I have a huge puddle underneath it...I know the oil pan is leaking, but not that bad! Any ideas. It's oily, but not black like oil. Any ideas? Any hoot. He has 124,000 on the body and transfer, and about 15k on the engine, clutch and turbo. Matched with evo3 heads, 3 inch straight half pipe!, big 16g, 550cc injectors, and a 190lph fuel pump. He idles at like 1500-1700, but I am thinking it is just because the MASSIVE AMOUNT OF FUEL! Let me know what you think mannnnnnnn!

Overall I say Rupert looks rough but kudos to you for taking on a challenge.

These cars don't have headS, they have one head.

Your high idle could be attributed to a number of issues, old throttle body shaft seals and Biss screw o ring leaking, or boost leaks in general.

Check this website for lots of info: www.vfaq.com

And take some time to read up and learn about these cars by using the search function on this site.

MegaSuiter

Okay... But would bigger injectors pump, and Turbo without tune raise your idle? That is all I want to kknow. Please? Pretty please?

SouthCaliVR4

Check your base idle per Vfaq. High idle requires additional air not just fuel. so no, by themselves your mentioned mods should not jack the idle. crappy idle perhaps but not high.

JCorbo25

Quoting MegaSuiter:
Okay... But would bigger injectors pump, and Turbo without tune raise your idle? That is all I want to kknow. Please? Pretty please?

Without tune, they probably adjusted the idle that high so it would idle.

Check the VFAQ on adjusting the idle and BISS. Looks like a nice project with some good mods.

Brunoboy

vfaq.com if should answer a lot of your questions.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts