The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Intake manifold, and air intake questions

Sorry to post another thread but I need these few things.

First, what does the E vacuum line on the intake manifold go to? Mine is plugged with a screw on the other side.

And my intake is pretty messed up. I have 3 solenoids wired in, 1 is wired and has the vacuum lines to the intercooler and such, which seems correct. But then I have another one wired in with no vacuum lines, and another plug for one. So if I could get some detail on the Galant air intake?

And then what about this line and this open plug?

And what does the vacuum line on the right of this solenoid go to? It's cut off and glued shut.
[/url

I bought a boost gauge, but haven't got the car running again to try it out. And I tried the boost leak test, but it didn'tt seem to be holding any air. I'll try that again.

i could be wrong but i beleive the second to last photo goes to heater core on fire wall

Barnes

Got this:

The Evap canister is in the first pic, and the large port you circled is the purge outlet. It connects to the hose in the second pic with the little white rag stuffed in it. The idea is the gas tank vapors are filtered, and purged back into the intake pipe to be burned again.

Barnes

I need a zoomable version of the 3rd pic. I can't quite tell what is going on.

I did attach those 2 before I posted this, but I wasn't sure if that's where they went to.

The third one is a solenoid on my firewall with a cut vacuum line, here's a bigger picture

click

Also! I need to know where the vacuum line E on the intake manifold goes too.

jepherz

Staff member
I believe that is the EGR solenoid. It keeps the egr charcoal canister from venting to the intake at all times I think.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned