The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

VR4 E39A rally car information

Hi to all on this forum.

Owner of Galant VR4 rally car...E39A 007328....UK REGISTERED in January 1991.

Year of manufacture 03/03/1988.

Trying to find out if this is a BLAZE (CO ORDSPORT ) car.

I am restoring to original spec but require history from as early as possible.

Regards Chris

LIV4PSI

I can't help you out unfortunately, but I would love to see pics

DR1665

Oh. Welcome to the board, Chris. Most of us here are based in the US and probably wont be able to help too much. Hopefully, a couple of our UK mates might pop in and get you headed in the right direction. If not, I'd suggest stopping by the MLR (lancerregister.com) and seeing if anyone there might have some tips. Solid group of mainly UK-based folks, including several performance shops, so hopefully someone there can set you straight.

Good luck, and press on regardless.

misterfixit

Hi Chris,

PM mrgravel (Guy Anderson) He runs/ran J14MRE another ex works car in the UK. He knows most of the VR-4s on the UK rally scene. I chopped the top off another works car at his shop, but that one had Isle of Man Plates and I don't recall the vin.

I'm currently residing in the Philippines (temp transfer from work) so there isn't a huge amount I can do locally but I still have some information round. Whats the Plate on the car ('88 is E) is it the original?

I scanned the homologation papers and they are uploaded to this site.

Co-ordsport are still in existance, based in Dudley- west mids. Do they have any record of the vin?

Hope this helps

Richard

All I can find in Mitsubishi ASA is that it is not a RS model. It seems to have the basic stuff like power windows, radio etc.

Hope this helps anything.

misterfixit

Will have been a full car that was then pulled down to the ground. The works prepped cars have an incredible amunt of welding and finishing at the bare body stage before being buit back up to go racing.

Part of the rules and the whole homologation thing is it must start life as a basic road car.

Richard

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned